Kotlety (also known as cutlets) are pan-fried minced meat croquettes, which go perfectly with a side of mashed potatoes, pasta or any kind of kasha! If you want to try Kotlety in a sandwich, pair with fresh bread, tomato, lettuce and basil.
Wondering what exactly you need to cook these delightful Eastern-European cutlets?
You will need:
– 1 1/3 pound ground meat (beef, pork or chicken – and you can mix!)
– 1 sweet yellow onion, diced
– 1 egg, whipped
– 2/3 cup milk cracker crumbs (or bread crumbs)
– 1 tablespoon milk
– 1 teaspoons salt
– ½ teaspoon black pepper
– ½ cup vegetable oil (for frying)
You can also add a few cloves of minced garlic for better taste and flavor.
Now that you have all ingredients, here’s how you make it!
1) Mix ground meat, onion, egg, crumbs, milk, garlic, salt and black pepper in a large bowl until well mixed.
2) Shape twelve 3-inch patties about 1 ¼ inch thick
3) Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet (medium-high heat)
4) Sear the patties until golden brown, which usually takes 2-3 minutes
5) Decrease the heat to low and continue cooking the patties uncovered until they are no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes more
6) When finished, remove cutlets from the skillet and drain on paper towels until ready to serve.
Pair kotlety with a fresh salad and drinks from NetCost Market to have the perfect meal!