At NetCost Market we strive to meet the highest standards. Fresh produce, value for money, and a uniquely positive shopping experience are the foundations on which we operate, bringing the complete shopping experience for Russian and European products to the community.
We are looking for a professional Sous Chef to be the second in command in our kitchen, following our Executive Chef’s specifications and guidelines. The successful candidate will employ its culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers’ satisfaction.
Sous Chef Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards.
- Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary.
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation.
- Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance.
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately.
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
Sous Chef Qualifications:
- Proficient in Russian is a must.
- Knowledge of Russian cosines
- 2 plus years of experience as a Sous Chef.
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Good physical condition and strength with a willingness to work overtime if needed
- BS degree in Culinary science or related certificate would be a plus.
- Must have US work authorization
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Employee discount card
- One week paid vacation (after 90-day probation period)
- Paid sick days