At NetCost Market we strive to meet the highest standards. Fresh produce, value for money, and a uniquely positive shopping experience are the foundations on which we operate, bringing the complete shopping experience for Russian and European products to the community.
We are looking for a skilled Butcher to provide high-quality meats and services to our customers. The Butcher will perform quality inspections, use meat grinders, knives, saws, and other tools to cut meat down into smaller portions, weigh, price, and package cuts, and ensure that displays and signage are attractive and eye-catching. You will also speak to customers to determine their needs, provide advice regarding proper cuts of meat and preparation methods, and coordinate pickups or deliveries.
To succeed as a Butcher, you should be courteous, knowledgeable, and detail-oriented. You should have excellent communication skills and a strong understanding of meat quality, cuts, and preparation.
Butcher Associate Responsibilities:
- Arrange cuts of meat and place them in an attractive manner in the display case so that customers will wish to purchase them.
- Cutting, grinding, and preparing meats for sale.
- Cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment and ensuring displays and signage are accurate and attractive.
- Weighing, packaging, pricing, and displaying products.
- Keeping records, budgets, and inventory.
- Performing quality inspections on meats and other products.
- Negotiating and confirming orders with suppliers.
- Adhering to food safety and sanitation controls.
- Greeting and speaking to customers, providing advice, answering questions, and accepting orders or payments.
- Coordinating deliveries or order pickups.
- Educate customers on different selections and types of poultry, pork, beef and fish to help them decide what to purchase.
Butcher Associate Qualifications:
- Education or food preparation or meat cutting experience.
- Ability to use hand tools, stand or walk for extending periods, lift heavy items, and work in cold environments.
- Knowledge of meat preparation techniques and cuts.
- Knowledge of food safety.
- Strong communication, task management, and customer service skills.
- 1- 2 years’ experience as a butcher.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Employee discount card (15%)
- One week paid vacation (after 90-day probation period)
- Growth Opportunities
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time