At NetCost Market we strive to meet the highest standards. Fresh produce, value for money, and a uniquely positive shopping experience are the foundations on which we operate, bringing the complete shopping experience for Russian and European products to the community.
The kitchen assistant is a professional whom will be assisting the Executive chef and help prepare meals as per our standard recipes. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating meal portions, cleaning food, cooking meals and keeping a sanitized work area. This individual should have the upmost commitment to impeccable food presentation and garnishing, which is important for impressing our guests and creating repeat business.
Kitchen Assistant Responsibilities:
- Insures compliance with federal, state and local health and safety regulations.
- Maintain the kitchen by cleaning prep areas before and after use and making sure that all knives and critical equipment are clean.
- Carrying out basic food preparation tasks.
- Sorting, storing and distributing ingredients.
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Cleaning the food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools or areas.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned.
Kitchen Assistant Qualifications:
- A team player with good communication skills.
- 2+ years’ experience in food prep.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to follow instructions and work as part of a team.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen.
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable; Training from a culinary school will be an asset.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Employee discount card (15%)
- One week paid vacation (after 90-day probation period)
- Growth Opportunities
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time