Thanksgiving is all about giving thanks, but for many people, it’s all about the food! Thanksgiving is only a week away, which means you should have already thought about what you’ll be cooking for your friends and family. If you’re still looking for ideas, we’ve got some great recipes that all use ingredients from our current weekly specials so you can celebrate this year’s festivities for less.
Eggs and Caviar
This recipe is an easy way to celebrate Thanksgiving in style. If you’re having friends and family over this year, why not feast with this extravagant appetizer? Right now, Gourmanoff Black Caviar Amur Osetra is part of our weekly specials, meaning this decadent appetizer is available at an unbeatable price.
Ingredients: 6 hard-boiled eggs – halved, 2 tbsp. sour cream, 2 tbsp. chopped chives, 1 tbsp. capers, 2 tbsp. Gourmanoff Black Caviar Amur Osetra, 2 bunches watercress.
- Remove the yolks from the hard-boiled eggs and place them in a bowl. Set the whites to one side.
- Mash the yolks with 2 tbsp. sour cream, then fold in the chives and capers before spooning the mixture back into the egg white halves.
- Divide the caviar into 12 equal portions and sprinkle it over the egg halves.
- Garnish with watercress and serve.
Slow Cooker Turkey
Turkey is the centerpiece of the Thanksgiving table, but sometimes a whole bird may be too much for a small family or group. This recipe uses slow-cooked turkey breasts to create a juicy and flavorsome alternative to the classic whole turkey. Turkey breasts are currently on offer as part of our weekly specials, so you can make this simple dish for less.
Ingredients: 6 lbs. turkey breast, 2 tbsp. honey mustard, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. poultry seasoning, ½ tsp. pepper, 1 cup chicken broth.
- Place the 6 lbs. turkey in a 6 quart (or larger) slow cooker.
- Pour the broth in the bottom of the slow cooker, and then spread the top of the turkey breast with the honey mustard.
- Stir together all the seasonings and sprinkle them over the top of the turkey.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- When done, remove the meat from the slow cooker, slice, and serve.
Southern Sweet Potato Souffle
This classic southern dish is a must-have at the Thanksgiving table. It combines the sweetness of sweet potatoes and the classic fall flavors of cinnamon, vanilla, and brown sugar. Right now, sweet potatoes are part of our weekly specials, so there’s no reason not to make this great southern Thanksgiving classic!
Ingredients: 4 lbs. sweet potatoes – peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes, ¾ cup brown sugar, ½ cup whole milk, ¼ cup unsalted butter – melted and slightly cooled, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1 tsp. cinnamon, ¼ tsp. salt, 2 large eggs.
For the topping – ½ cup all-purpose flour, ½ cup brown sugar, ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon, ¼ unsalted butter, ¾ chopped pecans.
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set to one side.
- Add the cubed sweet potato to a large pot and cover with water. Place over medium-high heat and bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the pieces are soft. Drain the potatoes and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large mixing bowl and mash well.
- Add the brown sugar, milk, melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and eggs, and then mix until fully combined. Use an electric mixer if you have one.
- Scoop the sweet potato mixture and place into a baking dish. Then spread around into an even layer. Set to one side and allow to cool while making the topping.
- For the topping, whisk together flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon until well combined.
- Cube the butter into pieces and then use a fork or pastry cutter to cut the dry ingredients until the topping starts looking like it’s reached a crumbly texture. Then, stir in the chopped pecans.
- Sprinkle the topping over the sweet potato mixture, and then place in the oven for 350F for 45 minutes until the topping is lightly browned and the filling is set.
- Remove from the oven and serve while hot.
Thanksgiving is one of the culinary highlights of the year! Make sure you wow your guests with something different this year with some of these great ideas from here at NetCost Market. Right now is the perfect time to stock up on all the ingredients you need as they are all on offer as part of our current weekly specials.