Family meals are an important part of family life. They allow everyone to come together, helping to strengthen relationships, self-esteem, and understanding. They also help parents ensure children (or sometimes other adults!) are eating a healthy, varied diet. Here at NetCost Market, we want to encourage families to eat together, which is why we’ve got three great recipes for quick and easy family dinners using ingredients from our Weekly Specials, helping you save both money and time! You can find all our weekly special deals right HERE.
One-Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta
One-pot meals are the best for feeding the family. They’re quick and easy, and once they’re cooking you can use the time to set up the dining area or to relax and watch some TV. The whole family will love this one-pot wonder, and this week we have a selection of Barilla paste for 99c a box and Botticelli Premium Pasta Sauces for only $1.99 per jar!
Ingredients: 2-3 boneless chicken breasts – diced into bite-sized pieces, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, ½ tsp garlic powder, 1 yellow onion, 3 cloves garlic, 1 box of Barilla Pasta of your choice – we recommend mini penne or ziti, 1 jar of Botticelli Premium Pasta Sauce of your choice – we recommend marinara, water, 1 cup mozzarella, ½ cup parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste, minced fresh basil or oregano for garnish.
- In a large skillet, drizzle in some olive oil and bring to medium-high heat. Add the chicken breast, a little salt and pepper, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Cook for 5 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked through. Remove the chicken to a separate dish.
- Add the onion and garlic and stir for about 3 minutes. Pour in the whole jar of Botticelli Premium Pasta Sauce, and then fill up the jar with water and pour this into the skillet with the sauce. Bring to the boil and then turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Add the cooked chicken and 1 box of Barilla Pasta and stir, then cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked, but not too soft.
- Stir in the parmesan, and ¼ cup mozzarella.
- Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella on top, with some more parmesan if you desire. Allow to melt down and become gooey.
- Sprinkle over the minced basil or oregano, and serve while hot!
Classic Carrot Soup
Carrots are full of wonderful vitamins and minerals that make them one of the healthiest vegetables you can eat! They contain unique vitamins K1 and beta carotene, helping to promote healthy bones and blood circulation. Unlike some other vitamins out there, beta carotene is actually absorbed more easily once the carrots are cooked. This recipe is a great source of healthy vitamins and minerals for your family, and as we currently have Premier Baby Carrots on sale for only 99c per lb., it’s also a meal that won’t break the bank!
Ingredients: 1 packet of Premier Baby Carrots, 1 medium potato, 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, 1 medium onion – peeled and chopped, 1 clove garlic – peeled and crushed, ½ cup dry white wine (optional), 1 quart vegetable broth, salt, pepper.
- Open your package of Premier Baby Carrots and chop them into ½ inch thick pieces.
- Peel the potato and cut into ½ inch thick sized pieces.
- In a large pan, heat the butter on medium heat, and then add the onion, garlic, and carrots, and cook for 3 minutes until the onion is cooking well. Make sure you stir throughout.
- Add the white wine and cook for another minute.
- Add the stock and potato, and then turn the heat up to high until it starts to boil. Lower the heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes until the carrots and potatoes are soft enough to be pierced with a knife, but not mushy.
- Remove the pot from the heat and then puree with a hand blender.
- Return to the heat and bring to a simmer again, adding more broth or a little corn starch if the consistency is too thin.
- Taste the soup and season with salt and pepper until the perfect balance is reached – remember that stock is often already salty.
- Serve hot, with some tasty crusty bread!
Easy Greek Yogurt and Preserve Fools
It’s a good idea to have something quick, easy, and healthy on hand for dessert. This will stop the family reaching for those sugary snacks after dinner! This classic British dessert is quick and easy, using healthy Greek yogurt and fruit preserves. At NetCost Market, we are currently offering Chobani Greek yogurts at 79c per pot, and Gourmanoff Preserves for only $3.49 per 600g jar!
Ingredients: ½ cup cold heavy cream, 1 cup Chobani Greek yogurt – your choice of flavor but we recommend plain, ½ cup Gourmanoff Preserves – the fruit of your choice.
- In a large bowl, whisk the cream into soft peaks.
- Slowly, fold in the yogurt.
- Spoon in the preserves, and then gently swirl into the bowl.
- Divide the mixture into 4 tumbler glasses.
- Refrigerate them covered from 1 to 24 hours before eating.
Family mealtimes are really important, so here at NetCost Market, we want to encourage you and your family to eat together more often. To give you a helping hand, we’ve got some great deals on various products you can use to make easy, healthy, and tasty family dinners, just visit our weekly sale page to view the whole range of products we currently have on offer!