November is here which means it’s the run-up to Thanksgiving! We hope you’ve already started thinking about the Thanksgiving spread you’re going to prepare for all your family and friends, but if not, we’ve got some inspirational ideas to make your Thanksgiving meal the pick of the bunch! All these recipes use ingredients from our weekly specials, so make sure you get yourself down to NetCost Market to make the most of them while you can!
Chicken liver and mushroom stuffing
This stuffing is perfect for thanksgiving and pairs very well with roast turkey. It’s quick and easy, and to make it that little bit sweeter, chicken livers are currently part of our weekly specials!
Ingredients: 1 small onion – finely chopped, 1 celery stalk – diced, 1 tbsp. chopped parsley, 1 tbsp. butter, 4oz. chicken livers – chopped, 10oz. sausage meat, 2 cups sliced mushrooms, 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs, 2 tsp. fresh sage – chopped, 2 tsp. marjoram – chopped, 1 tsp. salt, ½ tsp. black pepper.
- Fry the onion in the butter over medium heat and then add the parsley. Cook for 10 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Add the chicken livers and cook until they are a little firm.
- Remove from the heat, allow to cool, and then mix together all the ingredients.
- Once the whole mixture has cooled and been mixed, it’s ready to use as the perfect Thanksgiving stuffing when you’re preparing your Turkey!
Honey Palma prosciutto-wrapped carrots
This dish is so quick and easy that it can be incorporated right at the last minute. It’s a perfect blend of sweet and savory with a bit of a salty edge. Right now, Palma Italiano Prosciutto, Buzz and Bloom Organic Honey, and carrots are all part of our weekly specials, so there really is no better time to make this tasty side dish!
Ingredients: 12 medium carrots – peeled, 12 slices of Palma Italiano Prosciutto, Buzz and Bloom Organic Honey, freshly ground pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Wrap each carrot in one slice of Palma Italiano Prosciutto and then place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Using a light brush, brush each wrapped carrot liberally with Buzz and Bloom Organic Honey and then sprinkle over a good amount of black pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and then remove from the oven, brush with more honey, and bake for another 10 minutes or until the Prosciutto is crisp and the carrots are tender but not too soft.
Cheesy cauliflower bake
Cauliflower and cheese are a match made in heaven, and this simple recipe makes the most of this delectable dynamic duo’s delicious reputation. It uses mozzarella cheese and butter to make a creamy and stringy bake with plenty of garlic to add to the punchy flavor. Right now, Belgioioso Fresh Mozzarella Cheese Balls are part of our weekly specials, as is Breakstone’s Butter, both of which are central ingredients.
Ingredients: 1 small cauliflower head – stem removed and cut into pieces, 1 ¼ cups Belgioioso Fresh Mozzarella Cheese – shredded, ½ stick Breakstone’s Butter, 2 cloves of garlic – finely chopped, 1/3 cup Italian seasoned panko breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place the cut cauliflower florets in a Baking dish and then sprinkle the shredded Belgioioso Fresh Mozzarella
- Cheese all over the top and set to one side.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Then add the garlic and stir.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the breadcrumbs until a crumbly mixture is formed
- Spoon the mixture over the cheese, and then place aluminum foil over the dish and bake for 30 minutes, and then remove the foil and bake for a further 15 minutes or until the cauliflower and cheese are sufficiently browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes and then serve!
For many people, Thanksgiving is all about the food, but we should spare a thought for those that are cooking our meals for us as often it’s the biggest meal of the year! If you or your family members are making the whole family’s Thanksgiving meal this year, why not suggest some of these quick and easy sides to take the load off a little? What’s more, they all include ingredients from our weekly specials, so you’ll be saving time, energy, and money! Check out our current weekly specials right here to see what we have on offer and help inspire you for this up and coming Thanksgiving!