Eating healthy can often be a drag if you don’t have recipes that are both healthy and tasty to turn to. Luckily for you, here at NetCost Market, we believe you should have the best of both worlds when it comes to your meals!
Right now, we’re running our NetCost At Cost specials, so you can get a whole host of amazing products at unbelievable prices! It’s our way of saying thank you and we hope it will help inspire you for some home-cooking and cozy family time. Make sure you take advantage of this unmissable opportunity by getting down to your local NetCost Market and picking up items at incredible prices! You’ll find the list of items on our NetCost At Cost specials right here.
These recipes all use ingredients from our current offers, helping you get inspired to cook some delicious yet healthy meals for less!
Lemon garlic beef top blade steak
Beef top blade steak has become a popular choice due to the tenderness of the meat and the marbled fat throughout the cut that gives it extra flavor. What’s more, beef is high in protein and iron which are vital for keeping your muscles stocked and your blood rich in oxygen. Right now, we’re offering beef topside blade steak with an incredible 23% off, so it’s now only $4.99 per lb.! Make sure you take advantage of this amazing offer while it lasts.
Ingredients: 4 ½-inch-thick beef top blade steaks, 1 tsp. salt, ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, ½ tsp. paprika, 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, 1 tbsp. olive oil, 4 cloves garlic – 2 diced and 2 whole, juice of 1 lemon.
- Pat the steaks dry on both sides and then sprinkle over some salt, pepper, paprika, diced garlic, and the lemon juice.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a pan on medium-high and then once heated, place in the 2 whole cloves of garlic.
- Add the steaks and fry on each side for 2-3 minutes, or longer if you prefer them cooked the whole way through.
- Just before you remove them from the pan, squeeze more lemon juice on the steaks while in the pan.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Buckwheat, avocado, and feta cheese salad
Buckwheat has been proven to improve heart health, reduce blood sugar, and is a great gluten-free alternative to bulgur wheat. Right now, we have Uvelka Buckwheat Extra, for 79c for an 800g packet, saving you an unbelievable 74% off the original price! We also have Marmaris Greek Style Feta Cheese for $2.99 per lb., saving you a total of $2 per lb.! This meal is great for a light lunch or as a dinner for those looking to cut down on heavy, high-calorie meals.
Ingredients: ½ cup Uvelka Buckwheat Extra groats, 1 cup water, 1 avocado – peeled, pitted, and diced, 5 cherry tomatoes – diced, juice of 1 lime, 1 tbsp. sliced red onion, 1 ½ tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley, ½ tbsp. fennel seeds, ½ tsp. cayenne pepper, ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper, ¼ cup Marmaris Greek Style Feta Cheese – crumbled.
- Combine the Uvelka Buckwheat Extra groats and water in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to low heat and cover until the buckwheat is firm and tender. This should be about 8 minutes.
- Drain the cooked buckwheat and rinse with cold water.
- Stir the avocado, cherry tomatoes, lime juice, olive oil, red onion, parsley, fennel seeds, cayenne pepper, and black pepper together in a large salad bowl.
- Add the buckwheat groats and then gently stir.
- Top with crumbled Marmaris Greek Style Feta Cheese and serve!
Creamy smoked mackerel pasta
Mackerel is one of the healthiest and most abundant oily fish, making it a brilliant source of omega-3 fatty acids. This week, you’ll find Haifa cold-smoked mackerel for $3.99 per lb. – that’s a massive 33% off the original price! This quick and easy recipe is a light and tasty way to get all of the vital vitamins and minerals you need!
Ingredients: 2 cloves garlic – finely chopped, the juice of ½ a lemon, 1 whole lemon, 8oz. penne pasta, 1 fresh red chili – deseeded and finely chopped, 50g soft cheese, 4oz. smoked mackerel fillet without any bones – skin removed and chopped into bitesize pieces, 1 oz. grated Italian hard cheese, 6 oz. chopped green cabbage – shredded, 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard, olive oil, black pepper, salt.
- Cook the pasta following the instructions on the packet and then drain and leave to one side. Ensure you keep 1 cup of the starchy water from the pasta when you drain it.
- In a non-stick pan, drizzle some oil and place on medium heat.
- Add the garlic and chili for 30 seconds and then add the chopped green cabbage and smoked mackerel and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the drained penne pasta and a large splash of the starchy water, then the Dijon mustard, soft cheese, the juice of half a lemon, and half of the grated Italian hard cheese.
- Season well with salt and pepper and combine in the pan, mixing thoroughly. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until the sauce starts to stick to the pasta.
- Cut the lemon into wedges, and serve the pasta topped with the last of the grated Italian hard cheese, some black pepper, and a lemon wedge on the side.
Eating healthily is all about ensuring your healthy meals are so tasty that you don’t get tempted by unhealthy snacks. These three recipes are great for keeping your healthy eating on track, and right now they all use ingredients from our NetCost At Cost specials – meaning you can get them at rock bottom prices! Check out our current NetCost at Cost specials right here and head down to your local NetCost Market to get inspired for less right now!