Fall is nearly here, which means it’s nearly time to put the grill away for another season and start thinking about wholesome food for colder weather. At NetCost Market, we’ve got some great recipes to help welcome the changing seasons. What’s even better, is that all these recipes feature items from our weekly specials list, helping you eat well and spend less!
Perfect rotisserie chicken
There’s nothing like a classic rotisserie chicken, but imagine if you could get that same slow-cooked, succulent goodness in the comfort of your own home, without using a rotisserie? Well, today you’re going to find out how! On top of that, we’re currently offering succulent Bell & Evans Whole Chickens for only $1.99 per lb.!
Ingredients: 2 Bell & Evans Whole Chickens, 2 tbsp. olive oil, 4 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp. onion powder, 1 tsp. dried thyme, 1 tsp. white pepper, ½ tsp. cayenne pepper, ½ tsp. black pepper, ½ tsp. garlic powder, 2 onions – cut into quarters.
- In a bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Remove the giblets from the chickens if there are any.
- Rinse the chicken cavities and then pat dry with paper towels. Place four quarters of onion inside each chicken.
- Rub the olive oil over the outside of the chickens, and then rub the dry mixture evenly over both chickens, ensuring you get into all the corners and crevices.
- Leave in the fridge overnight, or for at least 5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Place the chickens in a roasting pan and then bake, uncovered for at least 5 hours.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure the middle is cooked to 180F once removed.
- Let the chickens stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Buckwheat garden salad
This Buckwheat salad is a brilliant way to get back into the swing of healthy eating after indulging over the summer months. Buckwheat is great for keeping you full, so you certainly won’t have anyone going hungry after eating this for dinner! Right now, we are offering Uvelka Buckwheat Extra for only $1.59 for a 1.5-kilo bag. Luckily, buckwheat keeps very well, so you don’t need to eat it all at once!
Ingredients: 1 cup Uvelka Buckwheat Extra groats, 2 cups water, ½ tsp. salt, ½ chayote – finely diced, 12 green olives – pitted and quartered, 1 yellow pepper – diced, 1 cup broccoli florets – chopped, ¼ cup red onion – finely chopped, 2 oz. chopped walnuts, ½ cup fresh dill – chopped, juice of 1 lime, 2 tbsp. white vinegar, 1 tbsp. olive oil, ½ tsp. salt, ½ tsp. black pepper.
- Start by bringing some water in a small saucepan to the boil and then add the salt to it. Add the Uvelka
- Buckwheat Extra groats and then reduce the heat, cover with the lid, and cook for 10 minutes until all the water has been absorbed.
- Remove the lid and allow to cool for about 30 minutes – this will ensure the buckwheat is not sticky and has a bit of a bite to it.
- Add all the ingredients, including the buckwheat, to a large mixing bowl and mix until everything is well combined.
- Serve immediately for the freshest flavors.
- This meal can also be refrigerated and kept for dinner the following evening or lunch the following day.
Easy no-bake peanut butter bars
There’s always time for something sweet, but there’s not always time to make it! Luckily, these tasty peanut butter bars take only 10 minutes to make, but they do need to sit in the refrigerator for one hour, so prepare them before serving dinner. At NetCost Market, we’re currently offering Jif Peanut Butter in creamy, crunchy, and natural varieties, for only $1.99 per 16oz. jar, and Breakstone’s Butter for $3.99 per 16oz bar! Also, we’ve got a variety of Turkey Hill Ice Cream on offer for only $2.99 for a 48oz. tub – the perfect accompaniment to this quick and easy dessert.
Ingredients: 1 cup Breakstone’s Butter unsalted – melted and slightly cooled, 1 cup Jif Peanut Butter – we recommend the creamy variety, 2 cups powdered sugar, 2 cup cracker crumbs or the crumbs of your favorite cookie, 1 12oz. package of semi-sweet chocolate chips, ¼ cup creamy peanut butter.
- Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with baking parchment. Allow some to overhang for easy removal.
- Mix together the melted Breakstone’s Butter and the Jif Peanut Butter in a large bowl until well combined.
- Keep mixing while adding the powdered sugar.
- Once combined, add the cracker or cookie crumbs, and then keep mixing until fully combined.
- Spread the mixture in the baking pan and press it into place. Set aside.
- Add the chocolate chips and ¼ cup Jif Peanut Butter to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture on the peanut butter cookie mixture, leveling it until it’s even.
- Cover lightly, and then refrigerate the bar for 1 hour or until the bar is nice and firm. Lift it out of the tray and then slice to the desired sized bars and enjoy with some Turkey Hill Ice Cream!
If you’re looking for new dinner ideas this fall, look no further than NetCost Market. Our Weekly Specials offer the perfect ingredients for a whole host of great fall dinner ideas. You’ll find them all HERE. Checkout how NetCost Market can help you eat well and spend less!