Summer is here, the beaches have reopened, and you know what that means! It’s time for a picnic on the beach. Sure, the sand will blow everywhere and get in your mouth, but that’s half the fun, right? So, what will you pack for your beach day? We have some suggestions.
- Sandwiches: What’s better than a turkey and swiss, ham on rye, or a tomato and cheddar sandwich on a hot summer day? Even an old-fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwich is delightful when eaten on a beach.
- Wraps: Like sandwiches but perhaps easier to hold on a beach, wraps can be made in near-endless varieties. Some of our favorites include chicken salad with cashew, mozzarella with greens, chickpeas and feta, turkey, and honey mustard, and, you guessed it, PB&J.
- Fried Chicken: There’s a reason why this is the quintessential picnic food. It’s easy to eat with your hands and just as delicious cold as it is hot.
- Fruit That’s Easy to Eat: You probably don’t want to peel an orange or tangle with a mango on the beach, but apples, bananas, strawberries, and grapes are all great beachy options. Bonus points if you bring slices of watermelon!
- Precut Veggies: Carrot or celery sticks are great to munch and easy to prepare ahead of time.
- Pasta or Grain Salads: While it’s not always convenient to break out the bowls and utensils on the beach, some salads are worth it. How about a pesto pasta salad with mozzarella pearls, tomatoes, and cucumbers, or a summer vegetable quinoa salad tossed with vinaigrette?
- Salads that Won’t Lose Their Crunch: While you have the bowls out, salads that won’t wilt in the heat are great. Try coleslaw, broccoli slaw, or a kale and quinoa salad with dates, almonds, and citrus dressing.
- Snacks: Nuts, granola bars, and chips are nice and salty for beach eating- just make sure you have plenty of water to keep you hydrated.
- Desserts You Can Hold in Your Hand: Cookies, Rice Krispy treats, and brownies are perfect for packing in your beach basket.
- Beverages in Cans: Wine, beer, soda- just about everything comes in easy to tote cans these days.
A great picnic starts with a great grocery shopping trip! For over 20 years, Net Cost Market has been committed to helping our customers save time and money while offering them the world of food all in once place. We’re a local supermarket with a global reach, providing a selection of everyday food products as well as a variety of culinary delights from around the world. It’s our goal to provide authentic, high-quality food products from local farmers as well as suppliers from around the world. When you shop with Net Cost Market, you’ll find a comfortable and gratifying shopping experience that even includes online shopping and home delivery.