Can you believe summer is already over? Whether your kids are distance-learning or attending class in person, there’s no doubt that hectic mornings await you now that school is back in session. These quick and easy on-the-go breakfast ideas give your kids the energy they need to stay physically and mentally active.
- Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Muffins: This breakfast to take to school is super healthy, with no dairy, oil, or flour—yet it tastes like a delicious chocolate dessert! Your kids will beg for them every morning, which is fine because you can whip up a batch on Sunday that lasts all week.
- Strawberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars: These easy, on-the-go breakfast bars are chock-full of healthy ingredients like oatmeal, fresh strawberries, honey, and almonds. Best of all, they freeze like a dream, so you never have to worry about any going to waste!
- Granola Crunch Apple-Peanut Butter Sandwich Wraps: If your kids have ever requested a PBJ for breakfast, this healthy alternative will make everyone happy. It’s fast and easy to make, but you can always put it together the night before so you can grab and go in the morning.
- Breakfast Zucchini Cookies: Cookies for breakfast? With ingredients like oats, applesauce, and zucchini, you can’t say no! Plus, they’re super portable, so your kids can eat them on the go.
- Cinnamon Vanilla Breakfast Protein Bites: This no-bake back-to-school breakfast is vegan and gluten-free, with protein powder and your choice of nut butter. Your kids will love munching on them on the way to school!
- Denver Omelet Breakfast Muffins: What about a hot breakfast-to-go? Is that even possible? It is with single-serve, muffin-sized omelets! Load up each breakfast muffin with your kids’ favorites, including ham, onions, peppers, and ooey-gooey cheese.
- Breakfast Parfaits To-Go: Food storage containers become parfait cups in this unique school breakfast idea. Fill each container with yogurt, cereal, almonds, and your kids’ choice of fresh fruit. As long as you keep the cereal on top so it doesn’t get soggy, you can make a whole week’s worth in advance.
- Peach Carrot Smoothie: Smoothies are great for breakfast in the car. Let the kids pick their fruit—and then sneak in a veggie like carrots or spinach for extra vitamins. This recipe includes bananas, peaches, coconut water, and Greek yogurt for a healthy, delicious combination.
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oatmeal: Cooler weather means pumpkin season! If your kids just can’t get enough, whip up a batch of this overnight oatmeal. It tastes just like pumpkin pie, yet it’s packed with heart-healthy oats, protein-rich Greek yogurt, and fiber-filled Chia seeds.
NetCost Market has everything you need to make healthy back-to-school breakfasts. We are a local supermarket with a global reach, offering a world of food from our locations in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Check out our weekly specials to help you decide what to make this week, and try our convenient online grocery shopping or home grocery delivery.