Nothing beats a day at the beach. If you plan to visit several times with your family this summer, you’ll need more than just bathing suits, sunscreen, and towels—you also need a cooler full of drinks and snacks! The ideas we’ve compiled here will keep everyone happy and energized for a fun-filled beach day.
- Frozen Fruit: The day before heading to the shore, freeze baggies full of grapes, raspberries, and blueberries. Then, pop the baggies into an insulated lunchbox on your way out the door. Starting from frozen means you won’t be left with a warm, mushy mess by the time you begin snacking.
- Candied Nuts: For a quick energy boost before the next round of beach volleyball, grab a handful of candied almonds, cashews, or pecans. Nuts are shelf-stable and crush-resistant, making them an ideal beach snack. The candied coating also adds a sweet, delicious crunch.
- Popcorn: Pre-pop a bag and place it in a hard-sided container. Season the popcorn however you like. We suggest paprika and nutritional yeast, parmesan cheese and dried parsley, or cinnamon, sugar, and nutmeg.
- Hummus and Crackers: Shelf-stable hummus and crackers, which don’t require refrigeration, are ideal for beach day. Still, remember to return the lid to the container promptly. One gust of wind is all it takes to get sand in your snack.
- Trail Mix: The combination of sweet and salty is just the right pick-me-up on beach day. Buy premade trail mix at the store or create your own version using ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit, roasted chickpeas, and coconut shavings. We recommend skipping the chocolate chips, though, if you want to avoid a melted mess.
- Protein Bars: When you finish your giant sandcastle and feel hunger coming on, reach for a protein bar. If you’re worried about sugar content, read the product labels and pick out bars with more protein than sugar. Or make your own protein bars to take with you to the beach!
- Frozen Flavored Water: Place two bottles of flavored water per family member in the freezer the day before your trip. Once at the beach, they’ll gradually melt throughout the day, leaving you with a refreshing, ice-cold beverage to quench your thirst.
- Smoothies: Whip up fruit smoothies for everyone right before leaving for the shore. Then, pour the thick, creamy snack into insulated thermoses. Keep the thermoses in a cooler or half-buried in the sand by your lounge chair to enjoy sipping surfside for hours.
No matter which beach snacks you choose, you can find the ingredients you’re looking for at NetCost Market. Thanks to our global reach, we can provide a world of food—from your everyday grocery items to culinary delights from around the globe. Our competitive pricing means shoppers save time and money while getting all their food in one place. Stop by one of our locations in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, or try online grocery shopping and home grocery delivery.