It’s a scorcher out there! How are you staying cool? Tactics like taking a cold shower, placing a wet towel on your neck, keeping a fan pointed in your direction at all times certainly help. We also suggest eating light, cold food to cool off your body. Here are some delicious, cooling recipes to help you beat the heat this summer.
Start up the blender—it’s smoothie time! Pick a recipe to follow closely, or make your own creation using your favorite fruits and add-ins. Here are some ideas to excite your taste buds:
- Pineapple Green Smoothie: Frozen banana and pineapple chunks lend natural sweetness to this smoothie recipe. Then, spinach provides a burst of healthy greens, and Chia seeds add fiber and protein for an extra nutritional boost.
- Tropical Mango Smoothie: You need just three ingredients—mango, yogurt, and ice—to take your taste buds on a tropical vacation. Toss in some banana and coconut for even more flavor.
- All-Fruit Smoothie: This quick, easy recipe is made entirely of fruit! Mix banana chunks, strawberries, and blueberries with pineapple juice in a blender and voilà—a refreshing, healthy drink to keep you cool.
Salads are a go-to meal on hot summer days. If you’re getting tired of the same old thing, try one of these recipes:
- Broccoli and Chickpea Salad: Scallions, parsley, and pine nuts bring out the flavor in the broccoli and chickpeas. Turn this easy-to-make salad into something extra special with the included homemade dressing recipe.
- Vegan Taco Salad: In the mood for tacos? Want to keep things light and simple? Try this taco salad recipe bursting with delicious taco flavor and hearty, filling ingredients.
- Grilled Asparagus Salad: With the sweet grape tomatoes, briny kalamata olives, and sharp white cheddar in this salad, every bite brings out a different combination of flavors.
Satisfy your sweet tooth while eating only healthy ingredients! If you don’t have popsicle molds, pour ingredients into 3-ounce plastic cups, cover with foil, and insert a popsicle stick in the center. Here are some homemade popsicle recipes to try:
- Grapefruit Peach Popsicles: Summer is peach season! These sweet, refreshing popsicles put them to good use alongside grapefruit, fresh thyme, and maple syrup.
- Watermelon Popsicles: With some careful layering, you can make adorable, mouth-watering popsicles using just three healthy ingredients—watermelon, coconut yogurt, and kiwis.
- Blackberry Banana Popsicles: Perfect for dessert and breakfast, these health-food popsicles will keep you cool and energized any time of day!
NetCost Market has the ingredients you need to make these recipes for staying cool. We are dedicated to providing authentic, high-quality food products from both local farmers and global suppliers. Expect to find everything you need to whip up old favorites and new delights. Shop with us by visiting one of our locations in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. You can also try online grocery shopping and home grocery delivery for optimal convenience.