Mother’s Day is May 8, 2022. After you’ve picked out the perfect card and a thoughtful gift, take a load off Mom’s shoulders by preparing a delicious family feast. From appetizers and desserts to mains and sides, we’ve got plenty of ideas to make this the tastiest Mother’s Day you’ve ever had!
- Best Deviled Eggs: This recipe is the perfect way to kick off Mother’s Day dinner. The yolks are nicely flavored with tangy ground mustard and sweet dill weed. Try one of the featured variations that add bacon, chipotle peppers, or crab meat.
- Herbed Ricotta and Fresh Tomato Tart: Mom is too special for just any ordinary pizza. Try this upgraded version, which incorporates ricotta cheese, heirloom tomatoes, and fresh parsley. Everyone will want a slice of this scrumptious Mother’s Day appetizer!
- Greek Salmon: This delicate salmon dish is as beautiful as it is delicious. The topping consists of tons of veggies, including tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onion. Still, if you want to be extra healthy, serve the fish over a bed of arugula or spinach. Salmon also pairs well with couscous or mashed potatoes.
- Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken: This deceptively simple and satisfying dish is one the whole family will love this Mother’s Day. It combines just the right amount of lemon, garlic, and heavy cream to produce a heavenly flavor. Serve it with pasta, rice, or quinoa and steamed broccoli or green beans to complete the meal.
- Summer Pesto Pasta: It may not technically be summer yet, but it’s not too early to break out the grill! You’ll need it to cook the corn, squash, zucchini, bell pepper, and onions that go in this pasta salad. The bright colors and bold flavors are vegetarian-friendly if you’re working around any dietary restrictions.
- Spring Green Salad with Apricot Vinaigrette: Everyone will be eager to eat their veggies with this spring salad on the table. It incorporates several in-season produce items, including shallots, watercress, scallions, and cucumbers. The homemade apricot vinaigrette conveys to your mom just how much you care.
- Lemon-Lime Bars: Surprise Mom with these easy dessert bars. With classic ingredients like butter, powdered sugar, flour, and baking powder, you just might already have everything you need to whip up this springtime dessert.
- Strawberry Cupcakes with Whipped Cream Frosting: These cupcakes use jam or preserves in the batter to prevent weighing them down. Then, you can use fresh strawberries as a garnish atop the sweet, homemade frosting.
Once you’ve compiled your Mother’s Day dinner shopping list, head to NetCost Market for everything you need. We are proud to be a local supermarket with a global reach, committed to helping our customers save time and money. We’ve expanded over the past 20 years, now serving customers from 12 locations in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Shop with us for a comfortable, gratifying experience complete with online grocery shopping and home grocery delivery.