Eating vegan is generally not synonymous with words like “budget-friendly,” “quick,” and “easy to make.” Fortunately, the right recipes let you serve wholesome, healthy meals to your family without breaking the bank or spending endless hours in the kitchen. Here are eight simple vegan dishes anyone can make at home.
• Smoky Vegan Barbecue Bowl: Who says wholesome vegan recipes can’t be hardy? This meal satisfies your barbecue craving with tofu, black-eyed peas, and collard greens smothered in your favorite barbecue sauce. Whip it up in just 30 minutes for the perfect gluten-free weeknight meal.
• Vegan Chana Masala: This one-pot vegan dish is ready to serve in 30 minutes flat. You’ll love the delicious Indian spices in this affordable vegan meal, including cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne pepper, and garam masala. Serve with rice or vegan naan.
• Italian Minestrone Soup: The whole family will love this hearty vegan soup on a chilly spring day. Chockfull of chickpeas, kidney beans, and root vegetables, you’ll get plenty full on this soup alone. Use gluten-free pasta to make it a gluten-free meal.
• Garlic White Wine Pasta: To make this recipe vegan, be sure to use vegan butter and non-dairy milk. It only takes 30 minutes to put together, and everything cooks in one pot, so cleanup is a breeze!
• Mexican-Style Stuffed Zucchini Boats: Naturally gluten-free, this quick and easy vegan meal is also kind on your budget. Customize your toppings with choices like avocado, tomato, red onion, olives, cilantro, and vegan queso to satisfy every preference.
• Teriyaki Tofu and Rice: This delicious blend of tofu, vegetables, and homemade teriyaki sauce will leave your family scraping their plates clean. All you need are a handful of budget-friendly ingredients, one large skillet, and 30 minutes of your time, and dinner is served!
• Cuban Rice and Beans: If you’ve got an hour to make dinner, opt for this easy, delicious vegan meal. It’s bursting with flavor thanks to fresh ingredients like sweet potatoes, plantains, and black beans, all tied together with Cuban spices and toppings. Is your mouth watering yet?
• Vegan Mongolian Chicken: Satisfy your craving for Chinese takeout with this vegan-friendly “chicken” dish. Non-GMO soy protein chicken alternative is the primary ingredient. Soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and other ingredients make this a savory vegan meal. Serve with rice and top with sesame seeds, green onions, and cilantro for a burst of additional flavor.
Once you’ve compiled your affordable vegan shopping list, head to NetCost Market for everything you need. As a local supermarket with a global reach, we’re committed to helping our customers save time and money while offering a world of food all in one place. We’ve been expanding over the past 20 years, and we’re now proud to serve our customers from 12 locations in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Shop with us to enjoy a comfortable, gratifying experience complete with online grocery shopping and home grocery delivery to meet your needs.