Are you hosting a Halloween party this year? In addition to the spooky decorations and festive costumes, no bash would be complete without Halloween-themed snacks and candies. Here are some ideas to inspire your party menu, all ready to be made from ingredients found at NetCost Market.
- Mummy Cupcakes: Make your favorite cupcake recipe with a spooky twist. Simply use a ribbon frosting tip to create the illusion of mummy wrappings. Then, complete the look with carefully placed candy eyeballs.
- Pumpkin Rice Krispies: A few drops of orange food coloring, candy corn eyes, and melted chocolate mouths are all you need to turn ordinary Rice Krispies into a Halloween-themed crowd pleaser. A 2.5-inch pumpkin cookie cutter is just the right size to stamp out the shapes before decorating and serving these festive goodies.
- White Chocolate Ghosts: This ghoulish addition to your party platter is easy and fast to make. Simply melt white chocolate in the microwave on 50% power in 30-second intervals. Once melted and smooth, drop spoonful’s onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Use the back of the spoon to spread out each “ghost.” While the chocolate is still wet, place two mini chocolate chips as eyes. Let your creations cool completely before serving.
- Monster Eyeball Donuts: Nothing says “bite me” like a mini powdered donut topped with a sour gummy ring and a peanut butter M&M. Stick it all together with icing, and you’ve got a creepy monster eyeball.
- Ghost Pizza Bagels: This Halloween-themed snack is all about the cheese. Start by cutting bagels in half and adding a thin layer of marinara sauce. Top each half with a slice of mozzarella cut into a ghost shape using a cookie cutter. Bake at 350 degrees F until the cheese melts, or about 10 minutes. Finally, dot each ghost’s face with two slivers of olives for eyes.
- Spooky Cheese and Crackers: Again, the festive look comes from the shape of the cheese. Simply cut fun shapes out of cheddar cheese slices using ghost, bat, pumpkin, cat, and other Halloween-themed cookie cutters. Serve the cheese with your favorite crackers.
- Jack-o-Lantern Fruit Cups: Using a black permanent marker, channel your inner Picasso as you draw fun, silly, or spooky faces on the side of mandarin orange fruit cups. It doesn’t get any easier than that.
- Veggie Skeleton: Round out the produce selection with a platter of strategically placed vegetables that create the outline of a skeleton. Use tomatoes and broccoli for feet; carrot and celery sticks as the arms and legs; sliced mushrooms as the pelvis; a spine of cucumber slices; a ribcage of bell pepper slices; cauliflower for hands; and a bowl of veggie dip as the head, crowned with lettuce for hair and two olives for eyes.
NetCost Market has everything you need to complete your Halloween party menu. In addition to the ingredients for all these tasty recipes, we carry an immense selection of candy for your and your kid’s enjoyment this Halloween. Everything can be purchased in-store, or online via our easy and convenient online shopping and grocery delivery services. We’re proud to be a local supermarket with global food selections. Shop with us today!