As we come to the end of the year and begin thinking about New Year’s resolutions, what are some of yours? Are you looking to get healthier next year? Let’s talk about some healthy goals you might set for 2021.
- Eat whole foods for better health. Get on a clean eating kick, throwing out your junk food and focusing on whole foods instead. Fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, whole grains, and fish provide plenty of nutrients to effectively keep your body functioning. In fact, following a whole-foods-based diet can reduce your risk of several health issues, including heart disease, diabetes, and obesity. You don’t even have to go all out: if you haven’t been eating vegetables, adding one or more servings a day will improve your health.
- Quit smoking. Smoking is terrible for you, but your body starts to repair itself as soon as you quit. Talk to your doctor about the healthiest way to stop.
- Determine to eat more meals at home. You’ll have more control over what you eat, and you’ll save money while you’re at it. What’s more, research indicates that people who cook more of their meals at home are less likely to be overweight than those who eat out frequently.
- Make meal prep a priority. Taking time at the beginning of the week to prepare meals for your upcoming meals Is a great way to foster the habit of eating in, while also saving you time during the hectic workweek. You can even plan your meals around weight loss, as with this weight loss meal prep plan.
- Move more, sit less. They say sitting is the new smoking because it can have dire consequences for your health. Are you stuck behind a desk for work? Resolve to walk during lunch or to get up and move for five minutes each hour. Are you a natural couch potato? Rather than trying to force yourself to go to the gym, find an activity you enjoy doing.
- Sleep more. Sleep is vital for your health, and sleep deprivation increases your risk of weight gain, heart disease, and depression. Try to look for ways to improve your sleep by keeping regular hours, limiting screen time, and making your bedroom a calm, dark haven.
- Spend more time outside. Communing with nature can alleviate stress, elevate your mood, and lower your blood pressure. Resolving to spend some time outside every day is a healthy, achievable, beneficial goal.
When you’re trying to find food that fits into your healthy lifestyle, count on NetCost Market to have everything you need. We’re a local supermarket with a global reach, providing everyday food products and various international culinary delights. It’s our goal to provide authentic, high-quality food products from local farmers and suppliers from around the world. When you shop with NetCost Market, you’ll find a comfortable and gratifying shopping experience that even includes online shopping and home delivery.