When it’s bitterly cold outside, nothing compares to eating a comforting bowl of soup. But don’t settle for opening a can. It may be convenient, but you’ll enjoy more flavor and better nutrition by making your soup from scratch. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of healthy autumn soup recipes to try this fall.
- Roasted Butternut Squash Cream Soup with Ginger: Butternut squash is a hearty alternative to traditional tomato soup. Make a double batch and freeze half of it before adding the cream. It’s an easy way to get twice the food without twice the work.
- Slow Cooker Mexican Beef Soup: The best part about slow cooking soup is that the delicious aromas fill your home all afternoon. This recipe is a breeze to make—simply combine all the ingredients and let your slow cooker do its thing! Serve with corn chips or cornbread for a hearty, well-rounded meal.
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Soup: You won’t believe all the flavor in this easy soup recipe with only five ingredients! Serve for lunch or dinner alongside Mexican-inspired appetizers like jalapeño poppers or chips and guacamole.
- Cream of Chicken Soup: If you think the canned stuff is good, you’ll go crazy for this homemade soup recipe. Serve it with sliced French bread or, better yet, ladle each serving into a bread bowl.
- Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup: Who can say no to lasagna in soup form? This recipe has everything you expect—including Italian sausage, stewed tomatoes, and lasagna noodles—plus a few unexpected additions—such as carrots, mushrooms, and spinach.
- Instant Pot Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup: Do you love classic cabbage rolls but don’t love the work of making them? This hearty comfort soup is a deconstructed version of cabbage rolls, going from Instant Pot to table in just 30 minutes.
- Skinny Turkey-Vegetable Soup: The comforting flavors in this soup will have everyone going back for seconds. It’s also easy to freeze half of it for a revisit in a few weeks.
- Instant Pot Creamy Cauliflower Soup: If you love loaded baked potato soup, but you’re on a low-carb diet, this healthy autumn soup recipe is for you. It’s chockfull of veggies, with no carb-filled potatoes in sight.
- Southwest Turkey Soup: Ground turkey, a handful of other ingredients, and 30 minutes—that’s all you need to whip up this satisfying soup! Salsa, green chilies, and chili powder lend a distinctly Southwestern flavor to each serving.
When you’re ready to satisfy your craving for cold-weather soup, head to NetCost Market for all the ingredients you need. We are a local supermarket with a global reach, offering a world of food all in one place. Visit one of our 12 locations in New York, New Jersey, or Pennsylvania today, and don’t forget to shop our specials for the biggest savings! You might also want to try our online grocery shopping or home grocery delivery options for the ultimate convenience.