Have you been charged with hosting Thanksgiving this year? That means it’s your job to select the menu. Maybe you’ve had non-traditional Thanksgiving meals in the past, but this year, you want to stick with the classics. If so, these easy Thanksgiving dinner ideas and recipes will quickly become family favorites.
Thanksgiving Turkey Recipes
Turkey is the main event at a traditional Thanksgiving feast. Whether you prefer to roast, smoke, or slow-cook your turkey, you can find a recipe that works for you. We suggest giving these a try:
- Oven-Roasted Turkey: An oven bag makes it a breeze to prepare and cook turkey the traditional way—roasted in the oven.
- Smoked Turkey Recipe: Free up the oven and enjoy the juicy, smoky flavors of a turkey prepared on an electric or pellet smoker.
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast: Are you having a small gathering this year? Cook a bone-in turkey breast in your slow cooker for juicy, tender turkey without the fuss of cooking a whole bird.
Thanksgiving Side Dishes
Pile your plate high with these popular Thanksgiving side dishes:
- Sweet Potato Casserole: While marshmallow-topped casserole is fine, you may prefer the pleasant crunch and earthy flavors of this nut-topped variety.
- Green Bean Casserole: Growing up, you might have had green bean casserole straight off the cream of mushroom soup label, but this from-scratch version uses fresh ingredients for a more grown-up taste.
- Cornbread Stuffing: If you prefer savory stuffing over sweeter versions, you’ll love this Thanksgiving food recipe. Keep in mind that it cooks inside a casserole dish, not stuffed in a turkey.
- Cranberry Sauce: With this easy recipe, you’ll never resort to opening a can of gelatinous cranberry sauce ever again!
- Buttery Soft Rolls: Nothing compares to homemade rolls. This easy-to-make recipe is the perfect accompaniment to your Thanksgiving feast.
Everyone wants dessert on Thanksgiving! Serve up these two crowd-pleasing favorites:
- Pumpkin Crumb Pie: Give this recipe a try if you want the traditional pumpkin flavor with a delicious, crunchy streusel topping.
- Pecan Pie: Honey, brown sugar, vanilla, and freshly roasted pecans give this pie a deep, rich flavor and tons of crunch.
When you’re ready to shop for Thanksgiving dinner, head on over to NetCost Market. As a local supermarket with a global reach, we offer a world of food all in one place. It’s been 20 years since we first opened our doors, and now we have 12 locations in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. So visit us today, and remember to save big by shopping our specials! You can also try our online grocery shopping or home grocery delivery options for the ultimate convenience.