Women’s Day falls on the 8th of March, which is a Sunday this year, meaning there’s no good excuse for opting out of celebrating the wonderful women in your life! There’s nothing that shows appreciation like a great home-cooked meal made with love and affection. If you’re stuck for good Women’s Day recipe ideas, never fear! We’ve got you covered here at NetCost Market! And what’s more, our recipes all include ingredients from our Weekly Specials, so you can cook great food for less… but maybe don’t tell her that.
Ribeye Steak With Homemade Peppercorn Sauce
Nothing says “I love you” more than a perfectly cooked piece of quality steak drenched in tasty peppercorn sauce. Whether you’re cooking for your girlfriend, mother, sister, or just a friend, this recipe is a showstopper that will really show them how much you care. Fresh ribeye steak is currently part of our Weekly Specials, with an amazing deal that you really won’t want to miss!
For the steaks – Two large (about 1lb.) ribeye steaks, 1 tsp garlic salt, 1 tsp. ground black pepper, 1 tbsp. melted butter.
For the peppercorn sauce – 1 tbsp. melted butter, 1 tbsp. minced garlic, ¾ cup chicken broth, 3 tbsp. heavy cream, ½ tsp. Dijon mustard, 1 tbsp. peppercorns, ½ tsp. Worchester sauce, 1 tbsp. flour, 2 tbsp. water.
- Ensure the steaks are at room temperature. Season them well with garlic salt and pepper.
- Heat butter in a large skillet and when melted, cook steaks over medium heat for about 5 minutes per side – ribeye is a cut best cooked no less than medium rare due to the marbled fat. Once cooked, allow steaks to rest for 10 minutes.
- With the heat still on under the skillet, heat 1 tbsp butter garlic, chicken broth, heavy cream, Dijon mustard, peppercorns, and Worchester sauce. Mix well in the skillet over the heat.
- While heating, mix together flour and water to make a rue and then add ½ tsp. of this into the sauce. Simmer the sauce and let it thicken, if it doesn’t thicken, add another ½ tsp. of rue. Once the sauce has thickened, add the steaks to the pan, turn off the heat, and spoon sauce over the steaks.
- Serve with fresh parsley.
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
If the lady in your life isn’t interested in steak, chicken may be a better option. This tasty recipe is a great way to show how much you really care. Right now, Ronzoni pasta and Bertolli pasta sauce are both being offered at great prices as part of our Weekly Specials, so there’s no better time to head down to NetCost Market to get the ingredients to make this special meal.
½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs, ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, ½ tsp. Italian seasoning, ½ tsp. pepper, ½ tsp. salt, 1 large egg – beaten, 1 tbsp. water, 4 boneless chicken breast halves, 1 jar Bertolli pasta sauce (your choice of flavor), 4 slices mozzarella cheese, your choice of Ronzoni pasta.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, pepper, and salt in a bowl. In another bowl, mix together the egg and water. Dip the chicken piece by piece in the egg mixture and then the breadcrumb mixture, ensuring that both sides are covered.
- Once done, add the chicken to the slow cooker. Pour the Bertolli pasta sauce over the chicken and cook on low until the thermometer reads 165 in the center of the chicken breasts. This should take about 5 hours.
- Top with the mozzarella and then place the lid back on the slow cooker until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with Ronzoni pasta cooked according to the instructions on the packaging.
Garlic Butter Baked Cod
If the recipes shown above are a bit heavy for the woman in your life, why not try this truly delectable recipe using fresh cod fillets, which we just so happen to have as part of our Weekly Specials! This super-light dish will certainly make its mark.
2 tbsp. butter, 1 tbsp. olive oil, 2 cloves garlic – minced, a pinch of paprika, pinch of salt, 1 tbsp. chopped parsley, 2 fresh cod fillets, 1 lemon.
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Mix together the butter, olive oil, garlic, paprika, salt, and chopped parsley in a bowl. Keep stirring until a paste is formed.
- Take a tsp. of the butter mixture and spread it on a small baking dish. Add the two fresh cod fillets to the baking dish and then coat both fillets with the butter mixture.
- Slice half of the lemon into rounds and place on top of the buttered cod fillets. Cut the remaining half into wedges for serving.
- Bake the fillets for 20 minutes. The meat should easily flake but not be dry when done. Spoon over the juices from the pan before serving alongside a wedge of fresh lemon.
Pineapple Butter Cake
You’ll need to round off your special Women’s Day meal with a tasty dessert. This classic pineapple butter cake uses fresh pineapple, which is currently being offered as part of our Weekly Specials.
½ cup unsalted butter, 2 cups pineapple – chopped, 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, ½ tsp. baking powder, ½ tsp. salt, 2 large eggs, one extra egg yolk, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1 cup granulated sugar, zest of ½ a lemon – grated, powdered sugar.
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Butter a 9-inch round cake pan with unsalted butter.
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter over a low heat, then reserve 6 tbsp. of melted butter in a separate bowl. Add the chopped pineapple to the remaining butter in the pan. Cook for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs and the extra egg yolk until blended and then add the reserved melted butter, the sugar, the vanilla, and the lemon zest.
- Stir in the flour mixture and the cooked pineapple until well-combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the buttered cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool and then after 5 minutes, put a plate over to cake pan and invert to remove the pan. Return to the wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, serve with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Why not serve this classic dessert with some yummy Magnum ice cream, which is currently part of our Weekly Specials here at NetCost Market!
Whoever the special woman in your life is, make sure they get the full works on Women’s Day! Any one of these tasty recipes is perfect for making them feel special, so head down to NetCost Market to check out what we have as part of our Weekly Specials before it is too late!